In order to leverage the evolutions arising in its business environment and prepare the future, Sodexo Benefits & Rewards Services is conducting its global digital transformation. To accelerate this digital transformation, Sodexo is looking for its Global Digital Factory Director, a key agent of this change in the organisation.
The role is responsible for directing our Digital Factories at global level and is also leading the Engineering and Delivery activities performed by Agile squad teams. Engineering and Delivery include scoping and developing Minimum Viable Products (MVP) for and with the business lines and industrializing digital products to develop new digital offers and implement new ways of working (Agile squads).
The scope, evolution, maintenance and support of these MVPs and digital products during their lifecycle within the Digital Factory will be under his responsibility, also. Other than being accountable for the teams’ excellence as well as quality of delivery, this role will also be driving our digital cultural manifesto and key values.
Location : Issy-les-Moulineaux (Paris area), France
Agile Factory Team management and organization
- Build a culture of self-organizing and self-managing teams (currently 100 people) and assist the squads’ growth and challenge their progress and solutions with a taking care of customers focus.
- Define and implement a set of processes and tools that will be potentially leveraged throughout the group: regular pitch by the squads to ensure funding, MVP selection, sprint 0 activities, process to keep or stop a MVP, to roll-out a digital product.
- Contribute to develop a Data Driven organization, ensuring that Digital Factory MVPs and performance dashboards will follow a Data driven approach (e.g. Growthhacking).
- Organize tribe and transversal (chapters/guilds) activities to maximize synchronization between squads and break silos.
- Build the Digital Factory leadership team over time by setting a clear vision that the team can embrace and own.
- Responsible for staffing needs in line with Strategic Business Plan.
- Leverage and orchestrate resources around digital delivery practices (Ux/Ui, user tests, Growth Hacking, Data driven backlog …).
- Measure, Improve the Digital Factory value creation (usage & business cases) and optimize resources usage (SW assets, labor/contractors’ capacity, facilities, IT…).
- Manage contracts and performance with partners and subcontractors.
- Manages budget within the Multi-Year Budget (MYB).
Foster a culture of agility and innovation
- Strong contributor to the acceleration of the digital transformation of the group, by building new MVPs and scaling them for our customers, consumers and merchants.
- Leverage key technologies in architecture, cyber security, connectivity, AI and big data.
- Leverage industry best-practices around product management (story mapping, t-shirt sizing, product backlog refinement).
- Contribute to the Digital Platform business strategy and technology, supporting the execution of Global Business Lines Digital Transformation roadmaps.
Scaling agility across BRS Agile Factory and all BRS organization
- Act as the organization sensor- identifying holistic issues and refining the next iterations. Also coach the team to learn how to quickly identify and handle obstacles.
- Challenge the Business Lines and the teams on functional and technical Scope of Work (SOW) during the early framing phase.
- Work closely with Business Lines Products and contribute to ensure that our solutions constantly meet market expectations.
- As part of the Senior Leadership team, contribute actively to company’s strategy definition.
- Master or Degree in Computer Engineering or any related discipline.
- At least 12 to 15 years of related engineering experience with at least 5 years of experience running a sizeable engineering and delivery team (7+ squads and 50+ people) working in Agile.
- Business oriented mindset.
- Inspirational leader, with great openness to ideas and innovations.
- Has built teams, capable to manage remotely and to orchestrate different delivery teams spread over the globe.
- Focus on what really matters- delivering value.
- Extended understanding of Cloud and Platform Delivery and Business Model and industrial issues.
- Practical experience of Lean start-up development is a plus.
- Extended experience in building digital solutions with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Strong desire to accomplish more and has amazing energy to lead change; going the extra mile.
- Consumer (B2C) and Customer (B2B) focused.
- Good team spirit and excellent communication skills. Passionate about helping others grow, possess good coaching skill and promote learning by allowing others to learn through failures.
- Fluent in English & French.
- Business travel up to 20%.